“Kindness is the only language the blind can see and the deaf can hear” – Mark Twain.
World Kindness Day is celebrated every 13th November globally.KANU HEART FOUNDATION has set aside annually to recognize the invaluable contributions of individuals, corporate bodies and organizations that have shown extraordinary kindness to Humanity.
This year’s celebration featured the following events in our stable.
1. An investiture of Miss Intercontinental Beauty Pageant as KHF Ambassador.
2. Decoration of few individuals who have shown unparalleled milk of Human Kindness to the needy.
3. Unveiling of the “KHF Face 4 Charity Ambassadors Annual Award Logo”.
4. Introduction of Kanu Nwankwo 4 Story Book Series for School Children.
5. Kick start of Kanu Papilo Puzzles 4 Life for Primary and secondary schools.
6. A lecture on “Touch the Heart”, by Alhaji Mumini Alao, Group Managing Director, Complete Communication Limited, Publishers of complete Sports Newspapers.
List of Awardees
1. Vikram Hospital Bangalore, India – As Most Kind hearted Hospital
2. Mrs Odunayo Adetutu – As KHF Ambassador
3. Miss Intercontinental 2014 winner – As KHF Ambassador
4. Dr Alex Otti – As KHF Ambassador.
Kanu Heart foundation a charity/non-governmental organization established in the year 2000 by the Nigerian born African most celebrated Footballer Legend, Nwankwo Kanu(OON, MON, Unicef Ambassador) has carried out open heart surgeries to more than 480children and adults heart patients since inception. We still have about 150 of these patients on the waiting list. Some die before help could reach them. On behalf of these ones whose lives are in danger, we plead that you use this world kindness day to “Touch a heart”.